Should there be any changes in your medication or your health status, please inform me so the information can be documented. Your general health status can impact normal healing. Prior to each treatment, please inform me of any skin reaction in the treated area, or of any treatment-related concerns when they occur.
Most people exhibit little or no post-treatment manifestations. Puffiness, redness, irritation, or small scabs may be part of the normal healing process for certain skin types and when hair is coarse or dense. These manifestations are temporary and will disappear with proper care.
Good hygiene is an essential part of your post-treatment care. Your skin is a protective barrier; it takes approximately 24 hours for a treated follicle to begin healing from within and 48 hours to complete the healing process. For this reason, it is very important that you follow the post-treatment procedures recommended.
My Post Treatment Recommendations
- Do apply Genes Vitamin E Crème to nourish and moisturize the skin as it heals
- Do apply sunscreen SPF 15-30 in order to avoid possible pigmentation (light or dark spots) on the treated area.
- For treated underarms, avoid the use of deodorants for 24 hours. You may use unscented baby wipes, topical astringents, or vinegar water.
- Keep your hands off the treated area to avoid the transfer of bacteria or irritation.
- Apply ice to the area if necessary.
- You may apply topical antiseptic 2-3 times a day (e.g. witch hazel or sea breeze) today and tomorrow.
- Cleanse your skin gently using a mild cleanser or soap.
- Avoid caffeine prior to treatment. This can impact your skin sensitivity.
- Don’t rub, squeeze, or scratch the treated area. This can result in infections or scarring.
- Don’t apply heavy creams or makeup to the area for 24 hours. If makeup must be applied, use fresh, oil-free makeup, kept free of bacterial contamination.
- Don’t tweeze, wax, or pluck visible hairs. Clipping or shaving is preferred, so the hair will be available for removal at the next treatment. Allow one to three days’ growth prior to treatment.
- Don’t swim in non-chlorinated water. Avoid the use of saunas, hot tubs, or other extreme heat sources for 24 hours following treatment.
- Don’t sunbathe or tan for 48 hours, unless treated area is covered.
- Don’t pick at scabs if they appear or scarring may occur. Sensitive skin may exhibit scabbing, which is part of the natural healing process.
Contact me if you experience any reactions related to your treatment!